In the early 1940s, Basin Street's name was changed to North Saratoga, to match its South counterpart across Canal Street. Pressure from the tourism industry led to Basin getting its mojo back in 1945. Meanwhile, there never was a N. Liberty; the street where it would have run was called Franklin, later renamed Crozat Street.
Visit the Historic Storyville District website for more info.
This 1920 Map of the French Quarter & Central Business District shows early detail.
Look for a complete New Orleans Streets database at data.nola.gov